The Danger of a Single Story is a FANTASTIC TED Talk to share with students!

Who uses TED Talks in the classroom? I've been a fan for a loooooooong time. I've incorporated TED Talks into my History, Geography, Civics, Psychology, Life Skills, and English classes. Chimamanda Adichie's powerful talk about stereotypes is about to make its annual appearance in my Geography and World Cultures class next week! It's one of my favorites and my students enjoy it as well. This talk always elicits a lot of conversation about stereotyping in general and stereotypes about the continent of Africa in particular. If you haven't had a chance to view this TED Talk, I encourage you to do so. Please share your thoughts in the comments.


Interesting in my Danger of a Single Story lesson? Click here to learn more. 



Comments

Popular Posts