Bitmoji Classroom Examples for Social Studies





Well, I jumped on the bitmoji classroom bandwagon this morning and created one for myself. It was remarkably easy and FUN! I plan to use my bitmoji classroom to share announcements with my students these last few weeks of school.

In the image you see here, I added an announcement about our next Google Meet on the whiteboard. I also created a recording of me reading the announcement and linked the audio file to my bitmoji. When students click on my bitmoji, they will hear me reading the announcement written on the board!

If you are familiar with Google Slides the process will be relatively simple. I explain how I made my bitmoji classroom in this short (less than 5 minute) tutorial. I explain how I added my background, furniture, my bitmoji, and my audio file.


Below is a picture of my bitmoji classroom. (I added a few personal touches including my notorious RBG coffee mug and a copy of Howard Zinn's People's History of the United States. Can you spot them?

I also made a bitmoji classroom "Scavenger Hunt" activity for my Homeroom students. The items in my classroom are linked to slides I made which contain questions about different topics and links to the resource needed to answer the topics. Students answer all of their questions in a digital notebook (which is linked to the laptop - #1). When students are finished answering all of the questions from the scavenger hunt, all they need to do is share their digital notebooks with me! Super-easy!
Note: I included several gifs in my bitmoji classroom to add a little more interest. George Washington, the sleeping dog, the laptop, and the chattering teeth are all gifs I found on https://giphy.com/. (If you add gifs to your bitmoji classroom, make sure you search "stickers" to find images with transparent backgrounds.

And last but not least, I'd like to share my final project for my U.S. History students which was inspired by both the bitmoji interactive classroom concept and the Getty Museum Challenge. Watch my video to learn more!





Comments

Toni McBride said…
Hello - I was not able to connect to the free Bitmoji classroom templates nor did I see them on your TPT store - Can you help please?
Anonymous said…
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Social-Studies-Toolbox

Popular Posts