Civil Rights History "Gallery Walk" Activity

This week my Civil Rights History students were wrapping up a unit, therefore I felt it would be a good idea to plan a review activity. We often play Quizlet Live or Kahoot when we're reviewing material, however, I thought it would be nice to try something different. Plus, it's always a bonus when I can get the kids out of their seats, moving around.

I often find new ideas for classroom activities online, especially on Instagram and Twitter. I learned about gallery walks after reading an article someone shared on Twitter. I thought it sounded like a perfect activity for my Civil Rights History class so I created a "Gallery Walk" activity for my students. I implemented it this week and was very pleased with the results. My students were excited and engaged! I was impressed with the quality of small-group discussions among the groups, even among students who are often silent or "reluctant" participants.

Comments

Popular Posts