Washington and Adams' Presidencies

I spent the last couple days of winter break re-vamping some of my resources for my next unit in U.S. History. I am especially excited to introduce a brand-new activity I created for my students based on Washington's concerns about his role as the nation's first President. In this activity, students will examine five specific areas of concern and research Washington's correspondence with his most trusted advisors regarding how he should handle each area of concern. The five areas students will examine are:

How to Act Like a President
Developing a Presidential Style
The Institutional Workings of the President
Polling Public Opinion Before Polls
Managing a Quarrelsome Cabinet

I created an interactive notebook page for my students to glue into their notebooks. Included are the links necessary to complete the activity. This link below includes everything students need to complete the activity. In addition, supplementary videos, links to primary sources can be found here!


When we finish, I plan to facilitate a class discussion in which we can compare and contrast Washington's concerns and how he addressed these concerns with how President Obama and President Trump have handled these issues.


This worksheet is included in a resource bundle I just added to my TpT store for $1.49! (I plan to offer this product for 50% off through the end of January). This resource includes 8 pages of interactive notes and a visually appealing PowerPoint on the Adams' Presidency. My PowerPoint includes one bell-ringer as well!

Comments

Popular Posts