Civil Rights Movement Guided and Interactive Notes

This week my Civil Rights History students will begin watching the first episode of what I consider the best documentary on the Civil Rights Movement, "The Eyes on the Prize." We spent last week learning about the landmark Supreme Court case Brown v Board of Education, the Emmett Till Murder, and The Montgomery Bus Boycott.

On Monday I plan to implement a modified version of a Teaching for Change lesson I've been using with my Civil Rights History students the past couple years about the Montgomery Bus Boycott. The lesson allows students to practice social/civic engagement skills in the classroom.

The Role-Play Activity Link and Handouts can be found here:
https://www.civilrightsteaching.org/desegregation/resource/teaching-montgomery-bus-boycott/

This year I have been using more guided notes sheets and interactive notes pages/workbooks with my Civil Rights History and United States History students. My students are performing better on unit exams after I started utilizing these resources. I know some of my students struggled keeping up with notes AND listening to the lectures. Some of my students also struggled with the organization of their notes. Guided notes and interactive notes pages work for my students so I will continue to develop new sheets to correspond with my lectures. I've put a lot of TLC into these resources so I've decided to put them in my TpT store. They are tailored for my courses, however, others might find them useful.











Comments

Popular Posts