Service Learning Domestic Violence Awareness Mini-Unit (Day 1)

Tomorrow is my first day with the Service Learning students. I will have them for one week. I have a PowerPoint presentation with a guided notes sheet planned for Monday and Tuesday. I plan to share some PSAs and a couple TED Talks later this week. Throughout the week I have some activities planned and a guest speaker on Friday. We are also organizing and implementing a week-long drive for Passages, a domestic violence shelter in Richland Center, Wisconsin. This year, students will be collecting paper goods (diapers, wipes, toilet paper, paper towels, tissues, feminine products, and computer paper- both white and colored).

Tomorrow I will start my first session with this bell-ringer:


My Current Events and Life Skills students have been working on bulletin boards this month to raise awareness of domestic violence.



Comments

Popular Posts