7 Wonders of the Natural World
1. Have you heard of any of the 28 finalists? If so which ones?
2. One continent does not have any finalists. Which one?
3. Which continent has the most finalists?
4. Which finalist is the biggest single structure made by living creatures and can be seen from outer space? (Hint: it is in the Eastern Hemisphere.)
5. How many finalists are located within the "low latitude belt"?
6. Which of the finalists is/are an archipelago of volcanic islands distributed around the equator (Hint: you can find this finalist in the Western Hemisphere.)
7. Which of the finalists is 420 metres below sea level, its shores are the lowest point on Earth that are on dry land and with 30 percent salinity, it is 8.6 times saltier than the ocean.
8. Which of the finalists is the highest waterfall in the world? It is more than 19 times higher than Niagara Falls.
9. How many finalists are in the tundra climate zone?
10. List two finalists formed by internal forces in the earth (earthquakes and volcanoes).
11. List two finalists formed by external forces (weathering, erosion).
12. Choose your favorite finalist and place your vote. In one sentence, explain why you chose this finalist.
Visit the 7 Wonders of the Ancient World:
Visit the "New 7 Wonders of the World":
13. What is the key difference between the first list and the second list?