Monday, April 15, 2013
History of Genocide Infographic and Questions
Answer the following questions based on the infographic:
1. Define genocide.
2. How many genocides have taken place since the Holocaust?
3. Each red hand represents how many people?
4. Which genocide resulted in 800,000 deaths in less than 100 days?
5. Which genocide is still occurring?
6. What is "dehumanization"?
7. Give two examples of how targeted groups have been dehumanized? (Think of examples we've discussed in class or examples from the film "Hotel Rwanda."
8. Define propaganda.
9. How is propaganda used in the process of committing genocide? (Think of examples we've discussed in class or examples from the film "Hotel Rwanda."
10. What is the final stage in a genocide?
11. On a map, find and label where the following genocides took place: