2.In paragraph #5, the author compares factory workers to ________________.
3. Describe working conditions in a sweatshop. Find an image of a late 19th century sweatshop on the internet. Sketch or glue a printed picture of one in the space provided.
4. What happened at the Triangle Shirtwaist Company in 1911?
5. In paragraph #9, the largest union of its time was mentioned. Did this union serve the needs of all its workers? Explain.
6. Describe what you see on pages 208 and 209?
7. When did the Socialist party get its start in the United States?
8. Why was the early part of the 20th century considered a low point for African Americans? Explain.
9. What famous African American is mentioned in paragraph #25?
10. What is the focus of the NAACP?
11. How did the early 20th Century get its name, “Progressive”?
12. Describe what paragraphs 32-34 are about.