Finally reading The Land Remembers by Ben Logan...


I'm ashamed I haven't read this book sooner. It's always been on my "must read" list...just never seemed to get around to it. I finally picked up a copy at Bramble Books in downtown Viroqua Saturday morning. I'm half-way through. I'd probably be finished if I didn't stop after every chapter to do a little online research about various details of the book.

I have to admit I've had a grin plastered on my face through most of the book. It's pretty cool when you read a book and you know exactly what the author is talking about.. the sights, sounds smells of the land. I grew up only a few miles from his "Seldom Seen Farm" in Gays Mills, Wisconsin. I've driven past his farm as an adult. I wish I wouldn't have missed the guided tour/hike of his farm yesterday. It would have been the perfect day to visit the farm. It was a beautiful fall day in southwest Wisconsin. Maybe next time.

Bramble Books Facebook Page:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bramble-Bookstore-Viroqua-WI/110288965674325

The Land Remembers:
http://www.itchycatpress.com/the-land-remembers.html

Comments

Popular Posts